Saturday 4 April 2009

Grass

Some time ago you stayed with me,
Together sitting on the grass.
It never did occur, that you,
Would leave me for another man.
But times, they change, that much is true,
But I don't change, I stay the same.

Reveal to me, if it's the same,
With him, just as it was with me.
I hear that flowers don't stay true,
And prostitute upon the grass,
For any passing bee, or man.
Are their advances blessed by you?

Admittedly, I dream of you,
And picture you as still the same.
A girl beside an honest man,
A woman who loved only me.
Who lay so still on green green grass,
But now I doubt if you stayed true.

And now I doubt *all* that is true!
And doubt that I ever knew you.
We rolled upon that lie-stained grass,
And every, "I love you," was same,
Mechanically fed to me,
And I believed I was your man,

For whom was your love for? What man?
I wasn't him, It wasn't true,
Inside a fantasy you led me,
And willingly I followed you.
And after, nothing is the same,
I'll always see you on the grass.

Your feet ran wild and crushed the grass,
But can not crush the love of man.
My love for you is still the same,
At least that much I know is true.
Despite whatever's done by you,
You'll always have, a friend in me.

And it is true, it was a game,
Played by you, me, and a man,
Lost by me, on trampled grass.

1 comment:

Yuriy Yashkir said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sestina